Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And The Baby Is A...

Boy! That's right. Our house will be filled with blue and brown once again. Apparently I am now going to be the mom of THREE boys. Who knew. I had a feeling, and I swear on the last ultrasound I saw a point between the legs, but no one believed me. This pregnancy was so different from the others, but apparently that has nothing to do with whether it's a boy or girl! Here's my experience:

My mom and Ryan came to this appointment with me. We were talking about Star Trek and how much my mom is in LOVE with it (random) when Julia came in. She started the ultrasound, looked at the heart for a second, and then went to check out if there was any business down below. Right away it was obvious to all of us. She said, "Looks like you're running a special! Three in a row!" I sat there for a minute. I asked if she was sure. She said, "Look, he's saluting you:)." I asked if she was sure again, and she said she was VERY sure. Then she went on to look at the belly and everything (which I don't remember any of because I was shocked), then I asked her if she could check again. She checked again and sure enough it was still there. She changed to two different positions and said, "Any way you look at him, he's still obviously a boy!" Then she said, "Don't feel so bad, I just had a woman come in and I had to tell her she was having her fifth boy and she was crying all over the place."

I feel horrible for not being more excited at the appointment. Those of you who know me, or who have read previous posts, know how much I have WANTED a girl. I had a few tears in my eyes when I found out Jax was a boy, and Becks, and maybe more than a few when I found out tonight it's another boy. I have always wanted pink and dresses! I just have to keep reminding myself that my time for a girl will come (hopefully) and that my little guy is looking healthy. I am so blessed to be having a baby, boy or otherwise, and I feel guilty that I was not more excited for my little guy coming to our family. Now that I am getting over the shock I am getting more excited. We are thinking his name will be Krew. Little Krew just better not have an aversion to wearing pink once in a while, and maybe to trying on a few bows just to make his mom happy:).

18 comments:

Lisa said...

I am just glad that you were already planning on having more than three! At least you know there are more chances. I am sure he will be just as darling and funny as your other two. And look cute in a bow... Congrats, and I am sure my reaction would have been the same. So don't feel too guilty, you'll love him just as much and that is all that matters. Congrats again!!

Morgan Greaves said...

Congrats...I would have been exactly the same way too! You know you will be so happy when he is here and healthy. I hope you get your little girl someday though!!!

Leigh said...

Jamie, you are a great mom! I think it's awesome you are having another boy! Boy's are special, i admire mom's that have lots of boys. I am so happy for you and Ry. Love you all.

Janika said...

First congrats on the boy!
Having a girl is over rated! Tangles in the hair. Only wanting to wear the diaper with the dog on it ...not the one with the mouse and balloons! (seriously happend for about 3 months when tavry was only 2!! luckly our neighbor had the same brand and size and we swiched all the non-dog ones for dog ones) Or dealing with wanting to pick out their OWN clothes to wear and showing up at a party with christmas socks, orange shirts and pajama pants! Or how about insisting she gets to wear her spider bow even though it is now wayyyyy past Halloween! Having to paint little tiny nails every color of the rainbow. Dealing with screaming and crying when you tell her there is no such thing as a rainbow dog. and no we can not paint the one we have. Having to pay for dance classes (way expensive) Trying to explain why we cant run around naked all day long.. expecially when friends are coming over who are boys! Well come to think of it..I hope you get a girl!! They are a blast! Tantrums and everything!! So I will be crossing my fingers (with you) for baby #4!! :) Good luck and congrats again!

Casey and Britt said...

Yeah! Congrats! You know me, I LOVE boys, and I heard they are alot easier than girls! They are all going to be such good buddies you will love it! I know I would! How fun, love ya!

Nicole said...

I remember having those same feelings at my ultrasound appointment with this last one. I was sure it was a girl, but nope. Now that I have my little Kade I wouldn't trade it, but at this point, I'm not sure we can go for 4 unless we knew FOR SURE we would get a girl. Congratulations! at least you will have less drama, just wrestling and loudness to deal with, at least that's what I tell myself.

Zack Family said...

J, Im excited for you guys! You do make little cuties. I really can't wait to see what side of the family this one pulls from. Love you and I LOVE the name.

Toni said...

HA! That is awesome! Girls are too sassy anyway :)

AnGiE said...

Congrats on the boy! Don't you worry, I will be in your same situation, a house full of boys!! And I love the name!!

Kara said...

I had a feeling it was a boy! I was trying to be hopeful for you though! You make cute boys and baby Krew will be just as cute! I'm super excited for you:)

Chelle said...

Boys are great!! I had to laugh at Janika's comment! We totally live that life with Maizic and we'll soon be adding another girl to the mix! Congrats! Boy or girl you still love 'em! Hope you're starting to feel better!

Sharstin said...

Congrats girly! boys are seriously so much fun! and hello! you guys make some cutie boys! I am excited for you guys :)

Lindsey Rose said...

Congrats! I have to agree with the comments, while girls are darling and so fun! They are way more high maintenance! He will be just as cute as the other two!

Rick, Jacee, Paylen said...

Congrats! I don't think you are alone in how you feel. I know I would feel the exact same way & most people do they just don't say it. Youmake such adorable boys so keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

Where did yu come up with that cute name? I really like it:0) Congrats!

The Steel's said...

Congrats Jamie, that is very exciting! I am sorry you didn't get your little girl, but how fun for your boys to have another little boy to rough around. I was a little sad I didn't get a girl this time too, what can you do though. My girl gets a lot more difficult as she gets older, so now I am appreciating boys. I love the name Krew also!

Jace said...

I TOLD YOU THAT YOUD HAVE A BOY!!!!!! WOOOO HOOO 3 AMIGOS !!!! thats so cool! oh yeah but sorry that you wanted a girl though, but ryan must be way stoked out of his mind. Well sis congratulations!!!!!
Love YA BABE

The Hatch Batch said...

You make such cute boys tho! I know, I'm in the same boat if my #3 is a girl. Hopefully you will have a girl some day...they are lots of fun!