Thursday, January 29, 2009

Whaa?! Again?! Ewww!

When Jax was little, he full-on projectile vomited in my mouth. He had been crying FoReVeR and my sweet Ryan was taking care of him while I slept:). Ry couldn't take it anymore, so he brought him to me in bed. I woke up and grabbed Jax, and as I turned to him to say something (Mouth Open) he threw up in a stream straight into my mouth. He was about four months old, and I can't even describe what it was like. Have you ever tasted someone else's vomit? If you haven't, I really recommend it:).

I thought that was the kind of thing that happened to someone once in a lifetime...but, alas, that was not the case for me. Two nights ago I was holding Beckham, and I leaned in to talk to him up really close and he threw up in my mouth as I opened it to speak. I don't know what tasted worse, four-month-old vomit or seven-month-old vomit. Seriously, how did it happen that I know what both taste like?!! Nasty!

***Just thought I'd add another wonderful thing that Jax did to me when he was four days old. He had just peed so I thought I was safe changing him on my couch with nothing under him. He started peeing again, so I hurried and lifted up his legs to put a diaper under him. Apparently this put a little too much pressure on his stomach, and he diarrhea-sprayed all over my face, hair, and shirt. How did all of this happen to one Mom, already?! Maybe I shouldn't be admitting this stuff;). Crossing my fingers and praying this is the last of the not-my-own-puke-in-my-mouth episodes (as well as diarrhea on my face, OBVIOUSLY!).

11 comments:

Bree said...

Sounds delicious! I am jealous;)! Sorry, but I am laughing my butt off. Hope that NEVER happens to me. But don't we all experience crazy things being moms? Have a great Vacay!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry to hear that story. The price you pay to be a mom!! I can't stop laughing...

Kami said...

OH, my heck! Nasty, nasty nasty! At least it was your boys and not somebody elses! LOL!

Curtis and Windy Olson said...

That is no fun. I have to admit that I did get some pretty good laughs out of it. The Joys of being a mommy. ;) We take the good with the bad.

Zack Family said...

That is so funny! Im sorry but this post made me laugh the whole time. I yet to experience the vomit in the mouth but im sorry you went through that twice now.

Nicole said...

I like hearing this stuff because it makes me realize I'm not the only one that has to deal with that kind of thing.

Kara said...

Ha ha that is seriously disgusting, I am so glad I haven't gotten that experience!

Perla said...

hahahaha. i am laughing so hard but that is sooo disgusting, but even as i laugh, i am feeling a bit nervous that i am probably jinxing myself and am now afraid that my new baby is going to try and do all of those things to me....ewww

Candis said...

It's only fair that you tasted both your boys's spit up or the other one might be jealous:)

Sara Hadlow said...

man i thought in the hair was bad

Lindsey Rose said...

WOW! That is really gross! Not many people can say that has happened twice. :)