This last weekend I headed to Vegas for a girls' trip. It was great! I am too lazy to write about everything we did in Vegas (tons of stories and inside jokes) I am borrowing bits and pieces from the girls' blogs. Thanks ladies:)!
To start out the trip I'll quote Britt:
We had such a good time, it was the epitome of a classic road trip. We were "supposed" to leave at noon on Thurs, lets just say we didn't actually get passed Provo til 3:30! Our first encounter was THE SEAT BELT. Don't worry, they met me at McGrath's and after Casey had already left we decided we needed a male to help us get the middle seat belt out. So we ended up driving to my house so Casey could fix it. What took us literally 15-20 minutes to try and figure out, Casey had fixed in 2 seconds. :) Whatever. Then, we had to make a stop in Provo to sell a bike helmet for Laci so she'd have money for Vegas. LOL Funny story: So this kid, Rocky, tells us to meet him at McDonald's off the University exit. We had no idea what he looked like or what he'd been driving... so we pull up to McDonald's and see this guy on a bullet bike, he's not wearing a helmet so Kara asks me to roll down my window and ask him if he needs one. :) So I did, he replies, "No, (with a smile) Are you the VEGAS GIRLS?" We were dying, it was so funny! (you had to be there). We ended up getting his number to give to our little sisters (since 5 out of the 6 of us have one). We stayed in St. George (Santa Clara) that night at the Karras' lovely vacation home. (Thank you!) We ate at In'n Out and then went shopping til the outlets closed at 9:00. The next day we headed to Vegas after having a delicious sub from Jimmy John's then shopping at Christensens. :)
Next part of trip Kara:
After that we kept getting these guys coming up to us and wanting to know if we wanted to go to these bars and clubs for free. Well Jamie, Britt, and I decided we just wanted to see what they were like. So we were in the line for Coyote Ugly and I realized I didn't have my ID with me. I had left it at the hotel, I forgot that you need your ID to get into these places. I had to borrow Julies ID. Well lets just say that Coyote Ugly isn't that cool. After that the other girls all left, but Jamie and I decided we wanted to check out this club called Rok Vegas that is owned by Tommy Lee. Well we get there and waited for about a half hour. We started to leave and this guy was like no, no go back and tell them you are on my list. So we go back and wait some more. Well lets just say that Jamie and I were fully dressed with our Rain Forest Cafe bag, and my fanny pack (aka camera case). While the other girls had very little clothing on. So next thing we know the bouncer lets in about 10 girls that had no clothes on that were right next to us. He shuts the thing and didn't even look at us DENIED!!! It was so funny, we couldn't believe we were denied because we didn't look like hookers! I mean I had my scarf and boots on!
To finish, Britt:
We were walking down the strip (after meeting some really drunk teenage kids that were part of an ultimate Frisbee tournament) and decided we needed a taxi because there was no way we were going to walk anymore. So what do I do? I stand on the curb and wave my hand, no one pulls over. In the mean time, the other 5 girls start walking again, but I didn't know this and tried again, this time a taxi van speeds to the curb, I turn around and the other girls were down the sidewalk... I said, "Hey I got a cab!" They were so surprised, it was funny. But it gets even better, the cab driver is rushing us to get in because it's illegal to flag cabs in Vegas (I had no idea), when we get to the hotel he helped us all out, but shut the door before Kara could get out because he didn't see her, he was almost to his door before he realized what he had done... HILARIOUS.
To top it off, the day we left, Sunday, I open our hotel room door to go to the other room to see if they were ready to go, I immediately see 3 people huddled over something on the floor, comes to find out, a girl was passed out! They told me to call Security so I did, after they asked me 20 stupid questions including "how do you know she's passed out?" um, she's laying on the floor not moving!?! Anyway, they came, it was pretty crazy, she had no idea where she was and the marine that was with her didn't know either... looks like they had a pretty exciting night, so much they couldn't remember! Our first road trip was great, we even fit all 6 of us and our "crap" (piled to the top) in Jamie's car. We were very proud of ourselves. Good times!
That's all folks. There is my lazy rendition of our trip. It really was good times, with TONS of laughing going on. I love girls' trips, nights, etc. If anyone is ever up for them, let me know!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Vegas Baby!!!
Posted by Jamie Hadlow at 6:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












9 comments:
Awesome Awesome Awesome trip! We are DEFINATELY doing it again next year! :)
I am soooo jealous that looks like so much fun!! Good for you gals to get away and have some fun grown up girl time!
Ha ha I like the way you blog!!! So much fun, thanks again for driving! Sorry if I am a backseat driver:) Luv Ya!!!
Looks like so much fun, Girls trips are the best!
Looks like you guys had a blast. Your boys are darling
Looks like you had a great time. And now you get to head out again for another trip, you lucky girl.
That looks like such a fun trip, and good stories. And you get another trip..what? lucky girl!
You guys are so funny. Kara told me about you and her trying to get in and then the bouncer didn't let you in. I guess you were wearing to much and the other girls didn't have anything on:) That is funny. We missed you at our play date the other day.
SOunds like you guys had a blast Jam. Isn't it Great to just get away with the girls ever once in a while. It makes it all the sweeter to come home.
Post a Comment