Sunday, August 16, 2009

Up-Chuck-A-Rama

That's right folks, I have officially renamed this restaurant. To many, Chuck-A-Rama has been referred to as Up-Chuck-A-Rama for years. I myself have been a closet fan of this restaurant forever. Ry and I, when we're feeling especially bingy, head to this restaurant. Yesterday, I did a nine-mile run and only ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. By dinnertime I was so hungry, as my husband would say, my stomach was eating itself, so we headed to Chuck-A-Rama. The meal was tasting especially yummy and after my first plate I was ready to move on to fruit and dessert. Jax wanted dessert too and he had eaten pretty well, so I told him if he ate a particular veggie on his plate I would get him some ice cream. Normally he loves veggies, and he was all about it until he started chewing and it was too soggy for him. He spit it back on his plate, which would have been gross enough, but it got much, much worse. He started saying, "I don't like that and I'm going to throw up." (For those of you who don't know, I will tell you Jax has a seriously uncanny talent for gagging himself on command and throwing up. He has tried to use it to get what he wants over the years, but we've known about this "talent" for a while and it never works;O)). I knew when he said he was going to throw up it was only a matter of time. The other parents in the restaurant probably thought we were mean parents because we were saying things like, "Don't you dare throw up!" and "If you throw up you don't get any ice cream!" Most kids probably can't control this, but Jax can anytime, anywhere. I grabbed him and started speeding to the bathroom, but only made it to the CENTER of the restaurant before he let it fly. The worst part was, there was so much of it (a lot of watermelon) that it splashed up and landed on the innocent bystanders (imagine a collective gasp and grossed out noises from the large dinnertime crowd). Talk about mortifying! I tried to clean up, then grabbed Ry, Jax, and Becks and hightailed it out of there. No ice cream, what a mean mom! Got to love kids!

10 comments:

Zack Family said...

Im so sorry J!! What a nightmare for a momma. Oh that Jaxy, we sure love him though huh!

The Smith's said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe that happened! What's little stinker!

Our family said...

What a great talent your little boy has. :) I am sorry he had to use it at the wrong time.

Chelle said...

I'm laughing a little!! Now if it was my child it wouldn't be funny!! :)

Palmers said...

Oh that is to funny. You always love to hear these stories when they are not your own kids right:) I'm sure you guys won't be going there for awhile!

Anonymous said...

So Funny. I have to say I have never heard of that talent before:)Cute Jax!

Brandi said...

Whoa, what a craptastic experience! I'm so sorry he up-chucked right in the middle of the restaurant. Yikes, what a nightmare! Just don't let him know that his talent may get him a trip home from school someday. ;)

The Steel's said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny and horrible at the same time. I love Chuck a rama too, but might think of you each time I go now. So will you be back? Tate makes himself throw up too, I think he is a bulimic 3 year old.

Critt & Britt said...

Oh Jamie, that is awful. That is awesome that it happened at up-chuck-a-rama. I love it. My sisters little boy does that same gag and throw up thing.

Janika said...

Oh, my gosh! I feel so sorry for you guys..but that was funny! Don't you just love being a mom sometimes! :) You have such a cute family!...I didn't know you had a blog.. I will be checking back often. Happy birthday today!