Monday, October 5, 2009

Baaad Blogger, Jax and Becks Dr Appt.

I think this may be my worst blogging time ever! I'm pretty sure it is MOSTLY due to the fact that Beckham, a.k.a. Captain Destruct-o, hid my camera cord somewhere in my house so I can't link up and upload my pic's. I haven't even been able to blog Jaxon's birthday, back on Sept 8. Jax also started preschool last month, pic's to come. It was also my seventh anniversary, and Ry and I headed to Vegas (pic's to come when I find the camera cord). I can write about a few things that have happened, and I have some emailed pic's to this might be a few posts long to catch up what I can...

I took Jax and Beckham to their Dr's appointments today. Here are their stats and a few things in general about them lately...

Jaxon: What can I say? I love this kid!!! He is my entertainment in life, and in the lives of everyone who knows him. He is funny and goofy and always doing things to make me laugh.
He is such a sweet big brother, always looking out for him and playing with him. They hardly ever fight, which is seriously nice. He is also in preschool, and doing really well there. Jax's teacher told me he is really great while he's there, and wrote on a note she sent home recently, "Jaxon is such a sweet boy!" I couldn't agree more. He is always telling me how much he loves me. He tells Becks and Ryan he loves them all the time too. LOVE HIM! Here are some Jaxonisms from lately (though I'm sure I'm missing some of the funniest ones since I haven't been writing them down lately)...

  • Today, at the doctor, I told him to get dressed after he was examined, and he told me, "I can't, I'm married." What?!!! Crazy kid.
  • My mom watched my kids when Ry and I went to Vegas. I called on the second day they'd had them, and my dad told me that my mom had taken Jax to the store to get a toy. How did he get her to? He told her, "Grandma, that's what you do when you're watching other people's kids. You buy them toys." Wow, someone knows how to get what they want.
  • A few weekends ago we went to the cabin with my family. Jax chased the dogs through some bushes and came out the other side with burrs on him. When my mom was getting them off, he told her, "Grandma, I told you not to build your cabin here!" (Her cabin was built in the 70's).
  • Also, at the cabin, he found a pile of deer droppings while he was out playing in the woods with my mom. He picked them up and started playing with them, and said, "Look Grandma! Squirrel coconuts!"

Today, at the doctor, he was a great sport. He even got his flu mist in great spirits. He thought the whole appointment was great (then again, he didn't have to get shots like his bro). His eyes were perfect today (last year, they were about 20/40 so I was a little worried, but apparently now they're 20/20). He is 40 3/4 inches tall (75%), and weighs in at 37 lbs (75%). He looks so skinny, so I was way excited when his weight was exactly where it should be for his height (his BMI was in the 50%).

Beckham: Beckham, Beckham, Beckham. We seriously now call this kid Captain Destruct-o, and he earns his nickname each and every day. He tries to be a graffiti artist and color on the walls nonstop (two-fisted, if he can get his hands on two pens). Everything else gets thrown down the stairs. Last week I found him in my bathroom taking everything from under my sink (ie. hairspray, extra body wash, other random hair products) and throwing it all into my toilet. Always a fun mess to pick up. If you ever try to tell this kid no, he looks at you and laughs. No cupboard is safe from this kid. My whole house is taken apart and thrown on the floor on a daily basis. Every drink he gets, he tries to bite through the top of the sippy, then splash juice, milk, etc., on every surface in my house including walls and carpet. I swear we clean our carpets on a monthly basis. I feel bad for Jax because every cute preschool thing he makes has to be put up, because when Becks gets his hands on them he tears them up and pulls everything off of it.

I think my whole problem, and the reason Beckham is allowed to tear up my house all the time, is because other than being destructive, my Baby Becks is the cutest, sweetest thing you have ever seen. One smile from him melts my heart. I tell him no, and he laughs, and his laugh is infectious and I end up laughing as well. Bad news for discipline. I swear, in the future we're going to have to be careful. The kid could get through life on his smile.

Lately Beckham has also become an escape artist. He has been sleeping through the night forever, until the last four or five nights. Now he wakes up a billion times. I have to go and get him as soon as I hear him start to cry, because he can now climb up and fall out of his crib. What?! He's only sixteen months. I thought all of this waking up in the night business was because he's getting both eye teeth on top (his eye teeth are the last to come in, even all of his molars are already in), but apparently that wasn't the case. The doctor checked his ears, and apparently he has double ear infections. How bad do I feel! I had no idea because he hasn't even had a cold or anything. Poor baby. Here are his stats for today: 35 in long (95%), 25 lbs (75%), and head in the 95%. He's my big boy. The doctor is still guessing 6'2" or 6'3", but we'll see. My guess, because I'm so qualified;), is 6'1".

1 comments:

Palmers said...

Hey you are still alive:) So it has been so long that Jax got married hu:) That is to funny. They say the funniest things! Such cute boys:)