Monday, May 19, 2008

GoInG CrAzY!!! The Consequences of Procrastination









This past week has been a hectic one. I am finally freaking out because I am realizing how much I still have to do in order to be ready for Beckham, who will be here in eight days if not sooner. This last week we have been working in the yard, working on home improvements, and running around with our heads cut off. I still have to work in the midst of it. We have run out of time, and we aren't going to be ready. That's what I get for procrastinating! It's funny, you wait around for nine months thinking you have plenty of time and that the baby will never be here and then...wham! You realize you've waited too long for your to-do list and you are wishing for more time for projects (though your body is still wishing the baby was here RIGHT NOW).

One major project we hoped to have done is Jax's swing set. Grandma Kelly and Grandpa Scott got Jax one of the wooden playhouse swing sets from Sam's Club (pic to the left). It says on the box that it will take two moderately skilled adults 20-24 hours to put together. I am going to amend this to say two professional swing set builders. This thing is unreal to put together! My dad and Ry have spent about 12 hours working on it and still aren't even close to half way done, and they're at least moderately skilled. I was hoping to have this done so that Jax wouldn't go stir crazy when we have to stay home for a little bit after Beckham. Hopefully it will be done by July:).

We were hoping to have almost everything done by this weekend so that we could focus on spending time with just Jax since it's his last weekend as an only child. We wanted to take him to Dinosaur Park or the Zoo on Saturday, then spend Monday with family and just relaxing with Jax. Yeah, this plan is no longer a go, too much to do!

This Wednesday Jax goes down to Primary Children's to get his teeth worked on, so we won't be getting much done for a couple of days. They say kids bounce back fairly quickly, so I hope that by Friday I can be working on getting things ready once again. So much to do and so little time!!!

11 comments:

Kara said...

Yeah I know how you feel sista. I had lots to do before Bennett came, and he came early!!! Which is a blessing when you are really done being pregnant. I will help you with whatever you want so let me know if you need anything. Good luck with Jax!

Ash said...

Oh gosh! Good luck to ya with your long list of to-do's! I know I'll be the same way so totally sympathize! I'm sure everything that HAS to be done will be done, try to enjoy ;)

Leigh said...

Good luck Jamie! I wish i could take Jax off your hands for you! Why is it we feel that everything needs to be perfect in the house right before the baby is born??? I remember doing this with Logan, i wanted the house spotless and everything done! In the end it doesn't matter....as long as you and the baby are healthy. but good luck with getting all this stuff done. Love you guys!

Our family said...

I hate that feeling when you have so much to do in such little time. But in the end it is so nice to have it all done. But girl you need to take it easy get a little rest because you know you will not be getting any after you have two. Good luck with everything

Sharstin said...

that is always how it is right? so much stuff to get done before those little ones come :)it sneaks up on ya

The Steel's said...

Good luck with the big list to-do. I am sure you will get it all done. It is so crazy getting stuff done before the babe comes. Cool Swing Set, he will love that. I hope everything goes well with his teeth.

Erin said...

Jamie I was the exact same way. I had a list a mile long of things I wanted to get done before Spencer came!! It is nice to know that your new baby will come home to a nice, clean, orginized house huh?! Just know if you do not get everthing done, it will be okay! You can still clean, organize, yard work etc.. with a new baby (it just takes a little bit longer :) Good luck and keep me posted!!!

Sarah Jayne said...

I so know the feeling! It might be comforting to know that Tay had her teeth worked on. She was put under and all that and by the end of the same day she was running around playing like nothing happened! Good luck girl! I can't wait to see you new one! Just try to relax and know that things will get done!

Lisa said...

That is so funny that you mentioned that about the swing set. We got one for Dallin earlier this spring and it took forever to get it put together. Brian made a comment about faulty advertising too. Anyway, good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly!

Ashley ;o) said...

I'm sure it comes REALLY fast toward the end! ;o) But I don't know many people that had everything done before the baby arrived. So at least your not alone. ;o)

But I can't say that I know how you feel. But I'm sure my sister could. ;o)

And again... if you need any help AT ALL... let me know girlie!! ;o)

Lindsey Rose said...

Oh I am so excited for your new addition to get here! And good luck with the projects. I have to say I am way jealous about the swingset. I drool over that every time I am at Sams! You have great in-laws! I hope all goes well and I can't wait to see picts!