Friday, May 30, 2008

Beckham Ryan Hadlow


Beckham all ready for pictures at the hospital


Yes, I felt every bit as bad as I looked! I got sooo sick after Beckham was born!


Jax and Beckham meeting for the first time!


So tired!!!


Beckham's first bath at home

I would like all of you to meet my newest angel: Beckham Ryan Hadlow. He came into the world, looking just like his daddy, Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 6:28 PM. He weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long (Ryan and I had a bet and I guessed his weight AND his height correct:)). I was officially induced at about 12:30 that day, so six hours of labor wasn't too bad. They started me on Pitosin at around 12:30 and broke my water at 1:30. It wasn't long before Beckham's heart rate started to drop with every contraction; guess he wasn't loving the Pitocin. For his safety they basically took me off the Pitocin and made my body do the work on its own, which seemed to take FOREVER. They checked me later, and I had still not made it past a 5. It was getting to be dinner time and I figured I had a while, so I sent Ryan and my parents down to the cafeteria to eat. After sitting in my room alone for a few minutes, I started to feel a lot of pressure. I thought Ryan was just going to go down and get something to bring back, so I sat and waited for him for what seemed like forever. My Aunt Tracy came in a little after that, thank heavens! I sent her to look for a nurse because I was feeling so much pressure. The nurse came in and checked me. She told me to call my husband and get him back there quick and to close my legs so no one slid out. Apparently, I was ready to go and so was Beckham. It had been only a little over a half hour since they checked me and I was a 5. The doctor came in and in five short pushes out popped Beckham. The only problem was he decided to surprise us and come out with his arm by his head, which did lots of damage to his mommy of course!


Ever since he was born he has been a complete angel. He only cries when he's poopy or hungry, and he loves to sleep all the time. Hopefully these wonderful habits keep up, for my sake! For those of you who remember Jax and his endless crying when he was a baby, Beckham is night and day difference.


Jaxon is loving his little brother. He is so proud to show him off when anyone comes to visit. He calls Beckham "my baby" or "my Beckham." I love it! I hope they stay best friends.

19 comments:

Daniel and Whitney said...

Jay he is so cute! He already looks different! You look great!! I can't wait to come see him again!

Brandi said...

What a beautiful little boy! Welcome to the world, Beckham! I'm so happy for you all. I hope he stays the little angel he is right now. He and Jax will be great buddies.

Thanks for the update. Take care of yourself. ((hugs))

Chelle said...

Congratulations! He is so sweet!

Erin said...

YaY! Baby Beckham is here! He is absolutely darling!! It is good to see that you are all doing so well! You have the cutest little family! Make sure you keep us updated on the new little guy!

Bree said...

What a little sweetie. Congrats!! I am so glad all is well. Thanks for sharing your new cutie!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! That is so great. I am glad that he has been so good for you. What a cutie!

Brittni and Jared said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you. He is a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

He is such a handsome boy. I am so glad everything went well for you. Jax and Beckham will be best friends. you will love it. what a cutie!!

Our family said...

Congrats Jamie good to hear everything went so well. He is a very handsome little boy.

Kara said...

He is so sweet, I am glad that he is such a good baby for you. It makes it a lot easier. Let me know if you need anything!

Ashley ;o) said...

Beckham is just an adorable little guy! ;o) I'm glad I was able to get over there and see him finally. And I'm also very glad that he has been such an angel for you. You definitely deserve a break this time huh?! ;o)

And it was so cute to see Jax with his baby brother. ;o) He absolutely loves him!

Let me know if you need anything at all! I'm so happy for you guys! ;o)

Sharstin said...

He is so cute! Congrats! Love the name too!

yogurt.com said...

Hi Jamie! He is such a cutie! Congratulations, I'm glad everything went well! We have a little something for you from everyone at the office! We'll be in touch soon, Delilah

Ash said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Jamie! I'm so jealous, it makes me so excited to see a little baby again! I love that Jax is so proud to be his big brother! I hope Zay is the same way! Glad the labor went well, considering the arm situaion ;) I hope everythings going well, you look great!

The Steel's said...

Congratulations..that is so exciting! And on my birthday - lucky kid. He is absolutely perfect.

aLeXis said...

So cute Jamie! Congrats!!!! He is absolutely darling. You look awesome too. Making it look way to easy!

Lindsey Rose said...

jamie Congrats! I am so glad he is finally here! He is so darling and I hope you are doing okay. i am glad he is such a good baby for you! Welcome Beckham, you are lucky to have a great mommy!

Smiley0709 said...

CONGRATS Jamie!! He is a DOLL!! You are such a cute mommy. I love it.. Hope to see you at the gym soon :)

Sarah Jayne said...

so pretty much I am a loser! I haven't been checking blogs because things have been a little crazy! SO SORRY! CONGRATS! HE IS SO CUTE! he doesn't even look like a new born! not because of size but his face is filled out and all! Glad it all went well girl! Hope to see you soon! I will come visit you this time!