Thursday, May 1, 2008

ThE FiNaL CoUnTdOwN!


It is finally May! I feel like I have been waiting forever! Technically, I have been pregnant FOREVER. I had a few miscarriages before Beckham, so I have been pregnant every month but one since last May. Now the final countdown is on. Beckham is due the end of May, and I'm so excited it's less than a month away! Hooray!


I think Beckham is getting restless too. He's always kicking me, pushing on nerves, or stretching out as big as he can. I don't remember Jaxon being so painful on my body. I feel like I'm 80 years old. In public I make myself laugh because I try to make sure I'm not waddling, and that I'm walking normal. That has become quite a challenge.

I went to the doctor yesterday and we talked about inducing me on Tuesday, May 27. That's an exciting thought since my mom and little sis leave to Europe June 6. That will give me more time with them around. Family support is a must when having a baby! The doctor also said Beckham is looking good, weighing in over 5 1/2 lbs now. I am dilated to almost a 2 and 60% effaced. Keep it coming!


***For any of you that read my Superstar post that said Jaxon thinks Ryan's job is playing for the Utah Jazz, I have an update. I couldn't wait until he decided what I do for a job. Well, yesterday Ryan stayed home sick so I went to pick him and Jax up and drive through Wendy's on my lunch. Jaxon asked me if I had been at work and I told him I had. He thought about it, then said, "You go paint fences?" I have no idea where that came from. Yeah, not the glamorous job I imagined he would think I have since Ryan gets to play for the Jazz. Apparently I'm the one who does manual labor in our family:).

18 comments:

aLeXis said...

Jamie, I am so happy for you. That sweet baby boy is almost here. So fun. We need to try to get together for a playdate before he gets here. Talk to Kara and we will figure it out!

And I totally know what you mean about feeling like you are 80. I felt that way the whole pregnancy with Avery.

Leigh said...

Jaxon just cracks me up!! i love that you have so many funny stories of him, it's so fun for me to read.

I'm so excited that you have a date set! That makes it so fun to look forward to, makes the end a little easier i think. No waiting around.

I hope your feeling well!

Zack Family said...

Jamie, Can I just say I love your child!! Let us know if you need help once beckham gets here, Im sure Boston would love to play with his cousin!! Im so excited for you guys...I cant believe its almost here!!!! Love you guys!

Daniel and Whitney said...

Oh I'm so excited for Beckham to get here. If you need me to watch Jax for you so you just have on kid around let me know, you know I love that child more than anything! I love that your job is painting fences. Seriously where does he come up with these things!! haha Love you lots!!

The Steel's said...

Yeah Hooray! May 27th is my birthday so it is a very lucky day to be induced. We also share the birthday with Shiloh Jolie Pitt. Congrats and good luck making it through the last weeks, here comes the waddling right.

Bree said...

I am so excited to see pics of the new little Hadlow. He will be adorable for sure! I hate being pregnant and the last few weeks are certainly the worst, so just hang in there. Jaxson is so funny! You can paint my fence any time..when I get one of course. I can just see you 8 months prego painting fences. I love it!

PS- Is Julia still your OB?

Nicole said...

You paint fences huh?! Hilarious! Kids seriously say the darndest things!!

Sharstin said...

yeah--can't wait to see your little man--so much fun!

Brandi said...

Jaxon is hilarious! Has he been watching "Karate Kid?" Maybe he got "paint the fence" from that. Anyway, I'm so excited for you and your family to get to finally meet Beckham. I can't wait to see pictures. Not too much longer. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

I am so excited for you. I bet you are so ready... I remember it well. At least you will have a break from fence painting to be on maternity leave :)

Chelle said...

Baby Beckham's gonna be here before you know it!!! Good Luck with the next couple of weeks! Kick your feet up and relax, cause when # 2 arrives there's no such thing as Mommy time anymore! HA HA! Just kidding, I lock myslef in the bathroom on a regular basis just to get some peace and quiet! :)

Kara said...

I was just thinking how you have like no time at all left. I am so excited for us to have our little boys together. I can't wait!!!

Ashley ;o) said...

Wow... I can't believe he's almost here! ;o) If you need help with anything... let me know! I can't wait to meet the little guy. ;o)

Erin said...

Yay!! This last little bit of time will fly right by! We need together again for a playdate before this baby gets here (if you are up for it!) Let me know! And you better let me know when this baby comes :)

Sarah Jayne said...

That is so funny that jax said that! I am so excited for you to have your little one! Your body will thank you for that right! The end can be so uncomfortable!

Nicole said...

15 comments holy crap girl I think that might be the new record.

Ashley ;o) said...

YES!!! I have a comment from you!! ;o) I'm really just kidding though... I'm sure you have a lot going on trying to get ready for Beckham. ;o) I just miss hearing from you girlie.

Smiley0709 said...

Hey Jamie! Sorry I never posted a comment after you sent me that sweet one a WHILE ago. I'm not very good at posting. Cause the only time I get a chance to get on the computer is when she is napping and that is where the computer is, so that makes it even harder.. KIDS!! :) I'm SO excited for you to have your little baby.. You look so good and it's so awesome that you have worked out the way you have. You have a beautiful family and it's about to get even better. Good luck. I look forward to looking and seeing how the family is doing..!! :)