Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Hate Teeth

Okay, so I like teeth once they are in, but I forgot how much I hate teething! I knew Becks was close to getting teeth, but I thought we had a little more time. Not so much. I came home from a church Volleyball tourney on Saturday, Nov 15, to see that both of Beckham's front bottom teeth were through the skin and a few on the top were on their way. Normally Beckham is one of the happiest kids I've ever seen, but lately, that hasn't so much been the case. He doesn't sleep at night, and during the day he wants to be held all the time. I picked this time to start running in the mornings at 5:30, and I am a walking zombie because I wake up so early after not sleeping hardly at all at night. I know, I'm just complaining, but I can't help it. During the day, I feel really sorry for Becks and the pain he is in, but when night comes I start thinking about how hard it is on me (selfishly). Hopefully it passes soon. On a brighter note, Beckham is starting to eat baby food. Last night he had his first taste, besides rice cereal and oatmeal, and absolutely loved it! He ate Sweet Potatoes, and I couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough for him. Every time I put the spoon in he would get so excited that he would spit part of it back at me. It was pretty funny. I ended up with yummy a.b.c. sweet potatoes on my shirt, but I'm glad he likes it. Here's some pictures of the aftermath of the big event. I should have taken a picture of my sweet potato covered shirt too:).


5 comments:

Zack Family said...

oh he is so cute! I loved seeing them today.

Lindsey Rose said...

Oh Jamie! I feel you pain, Parker is teething right now as well and it is rough! YIKES! Benson is also getting his back molars so we have had double duty. I hope he gets through it soon, and that you will be able to get some ZZZZs soon! Also, I loved the Jaxonisms. This is the best idea! He is soo funny!

Leigh said...

You have every right to feel that way, it's totally natural. A mom's job is 24/7 and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair that our husbands can just go to bed at night, we are on call day or night. I would just give him some tylenol before you put him in bed, that always seemed to help my boys when they were teething. I can't believe he is starting baby food already! Time goes by way too fast. Your doing a great job Jamie, you deserve a break.

Curtis and Windy Olson said...

What a little cutie! I can't believe how old he is, but then my little one will be 3 months tomorrow. Time does fly. Landon rolled over for the first time last tuesday and I missed it, I left him home with curt for only 10 minutes to run a errand and I missed it, but he did it for me when I got back.
It is so sad when babies are teething it hurts them so much, Mindy bought these little homeopathic tablets for teething and that helped her little girl so much and she would give her motrin, the dentist I work for says it helps out with teeth pain then Tylenol.
AND all I can say is 5:30 am you go girl, I wish I had that much motivation!!!

Ashley ;o) said...

Lol... oh my... he's so dang cute!! And sorry about the teething stuff... I'm sure that makes things a little rough for a bit. But they'll be all in before you know it! ;o) And running at 5:30??? I wish I could do that... that's awesome.