Saturday, June 27, 2009

Girls' Hike To Malan's Peak

So I know that I have a million past things I need to blog about, including Disneyland still from April, but I thought I'd hurry and post something. This morning my mom, my little sis Jordyn, and I went on a girls' hike to Malan's Peak and Malan's Basin. If you haven't done this hike before, IT IS A MUST! Talk about seriously beautiful scenery. Plus, there's always the added benefit of the calorie burn. Jordyn calculated the hike and our time in her iPhone on a program and figured we burned about 1300 calories. Can't beat that! I haven't been a big hiker in the past, but I am thinking of taking it up as a hobby. It was so much fun!

Pic's from Jordyn's phone:

My little taller sis Jordyn and me at the top:

My mom and me at the top:
The first look out point:
The good news is the hike isn't too long. We made good time. We hit the trail at 8 AM, hung out at the top for quite a while, and we were still back at the car at 11:45.

6 comments:

Candis said...

Way to go girls! I need your secret to motivation:)

Perla said...

you are looking so good, jamie! i love malan's hike. i grew up just about a mile away. my sisters and i used to do it all of the time. we would hike up and actually run most of the way down. i dont' think my knees could take it now. but i am in much need of good calorie burning so i think i'm going to have to start taking that beautiful hike again!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Fun! That is a beautiful view.

Anonymous said...

Your pretty fat Jam. Could you lose some more weight please. Uhhh.

The Hatch Batch said...

Okay so just yesterday we took our little scouts up this hike. I had been really looking forward to it, since it had been a while since I've done it. Well to make a story short, we had didn't make it to the waterfall and I was really bummed:( Looks like I will be adding that to my list of things to do this summer.

I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

Morgan Greaves said...

Fun...you are one hot momma! :)