Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Downer


Ryan has wanted to get Rock Band for sooo long. He has been begging me for months. We have a few friends who have Rock Band and every time we play it at one of their houses all I hear for the next week is, "We need that game!" He even enlisted the help of Jaxon to convince me. Jax played the Rock Band drums at Bri and Court's house and then all I heard from him (I'm sure with a coaxing hand from Ryan) is, "I want Rock Band Mom! I want to play the drums!"
I was holding the two of them off until Father's Day, thinking this would be the perfect gift. They were both so excited! We had both of our families over for a Father's Day BBQ and after it was winding down Jax and Ryan decided it was Rock Band time! They get everything out, set all of it up, and....nothing! The XBOX 360 wouldn't read the disk, saying it was unrecognizable. I knew we had the right one because initially I got the PS2 Rock Band and had to take it back when I realized my mistake. I knew I had the XBOX 360 version. Anyway, back to my story. Jax was crying because it was broken and Ryan was all depressed. We got online to see if they had any suggestions to fix the problem but none of them worked. I told Ry it was no big deal and we'd just take it back to the store the next day. If only it would have been that easy. There was a paper in the box that said to call their support and not take any part of Rock Band back to the store until we called. We called and they said we couldn't take it back, that they would send a new disk out to us and that it would be there in...2-3 weeks! Could this news be any worse?! How do I hold a two-year-old off for two to three weeks?! What a downer on a fun Father's Day present.

2 comments:

Daniel and Whitney said...

That suck so bad!! I'm sorry! Let me know when you get it Dan and I would love to play we love it!

Sarah Jayne said...

I am sorry about both the walk to the park and the rock band insidents! It will be well worth the wait! We love to play rock band as a fam!