Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Walk To the Park, Anyone?

This morning we decided to walk to the park...at 11:30! This has been the hottest day of the year by far, in the high 90's, and we live over a mile from the park. Did I mention that it is uphill to the park?! True, this means the way home is downhill, but getting there was ridiculous! 11:30 was way too late to walk to the park, and that meant that we were walking home at 1:00! The picture below is of my double stroller that I have affectionately named 'the School Bus' because it's so long. Pushing two kids in the School Bus uphill over a mile to the park in 90 plus weather...not the brightest idea I have ever had. I have to walk up a main road to get to the park, and 1/2 way there I was covered in sweat, getting sympathetic glances from passer-by people in their air conditioned cars. The only thing that kept me going was that Kara was already there, and I had told her I would meet her. Once we were there we had fun, and the tan and exercise from the walk are always a good thing. As you can tell from the picture Jax was having a great time at the park and on the walk, unfazed by the blistering heat. Beckham slept through our trek, waking up just long enough to make an appearance at the park.
I love that since I'm not working anymore I can do things like this with my boys. Summer days are definitely much better spent with my two little loves-of-my-life.
Also, the play park in the backyard is officially finished!!! Hooray! It looks great, as you can see, thanks to my dad and Ryan! Way to go guys! Thank you for the hard work and many, many hours spent. Now if we don't feel like walking or driving to the park we can just go out back!
Jax is way excited about his park in the back too. When we wake up in the morning he shows me out the window, "Mom, look, that's my park!" He loves it!

9 comments:

Kara said...

Yeah that was a great idea for us to walk to the park!!! Bryndie was dying by the time we got home, poor girl. So I am waiting for an invite to come play at your park:)

Ashley ;o) said...

Oh man... I wish I could've come to the park too!! ;o) I'd much rather be trekking my way to the park with you guys than at stupid work. ;o) But that play set looks AWESOME!! I bet all of you are glad its finished huh?!? ;o)

And let's go to a concert for sure!! You just tell me who you want to see and I'll watch out for when they come. ;o) That'd be fun!

Daniel and Whitney said...

I love my nephews!! They look so cute in those pics. I just that Beckham just sleeps all the time, its so funny.

Our family said...

It is nice when you don't have to work I love that I can just go any where and not ask my boss if I can have the day off. Don't you just love this weather we have been having a lot of fun times outside

Sharstin said...

wow-that looks like way too much fun!

Lisa said...

Ok, you are a good Mommy. I would have jumped in the car and driven over there! Looks like fun though.

Kasey Sanders said...

I love your blog! How cute! I am done with ours, so check it out! Adam and Kasey

Karisa and Chuckles said...

Jamie...it was fun to see you the other night. Your boys are too cute!! What a cute blog. Talk to you soon. -Karisa
karisawilliams.blogspot

Zack Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this background you have right now!!