Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What's New At the Hadlow's

What a fun Summer this has been so far...it's just going so quick! Can you believe it's already July?! My mom is finally coming home tomorrow night. It's been almost a month and I can't wait to see her and my little sis. We have really missed them. I think my poor dad has gone insane with such a quiet house. I can't wait for her to see the changes in Beckham. Isn't it crazy how much newborns change in their first month?! She hasn't seen him since he was a week old, and he's now five weeks. I still haven't been able to capture his smile on camera, but hopefully soon. He's still being my little LOUD angel. Here is an updated pic:
Jaxon is lovin' his Summer too. We spend a ton of time outside. He is always helping Ryan in the yard. It's been great because then it gives me a little time minus a two-year-old. He can't ever stay clean either. I don't think I've seen him with a clean face or shirt all Summer. I swear as soon as he gets out of the bath he looks like this again: (red popsicle and ketchup on his face and drink down his shirt)

Jax is slowly but surely getting the #2 thing, if you know what I mean. He's been potty trained for a few weeks now, but #2 has been giving him some trouble. We told him when he went in the potty we would get him a treat, and he picked out this pirate costume. He hasn't taken it off since, and walks around the house yelling "Aargh, Matey!"

Jaxon says such random stuff all the time, always making me laugh. Not all of them are good things, but hilarious all the same. Here are some recent examples:
  • We were at Target today in the aisle and he said hi to an old (ornery) woman. She didn't say hi back. Jax then says, "Mom, did you see that? That lady mean. I say hi to her and she no say hi back. Say 'bad, bad lady'."
  • In the car the other day Jax said, "Mom, I don't eat dog poo. You eat dog poo?" I told him no and he said, "Yeah, we no eat dog poo."
  • Jax has developed a slight fibbing problem. He never admits when he does anything. He blames everything on Ryan. He even colored on his wall the other day and when I asked him if he did it he said, "No, Daddy did." That's the answer I get all the time now.
  • Every time I start singing, or even when Jax asks me to sing, he'll stop me and say (while plugging his ears), "Mom, stop it! You're hurting my ears."
  • When he doesn't want to come inside after we get out of the car he says, "Let's go out front and look at the flowers for a minute."
  • Today at my dad's office, my big brother Jarod was throwing Jax in the air and playing with him. He asked him, "Who's your favorite uncle?!" To this Jax yelled "Jace!" (Jace is my little bro on a mission). Poor Jarod. Then he said, "Who's your second favorite uncle?" Jax then said Jarod.
  • Little Bill is being banned from my house because Jax is learning to call names from this show. He has been calling people poopie baby diapers and peanut heads. I realize there are worse things he could say, but seriously, they teach that on a kid's show?! I shouldn't laugh, but it is kind of funny when he says these things:).
  • Everything we ask Jax to do, he says he's too busy. He was in my bedroom today and I went in and asked him what he was doing. He said, "Watching Word World, I'm too busy."
  • When he wants to ask why, he always says, "Why cause?"

I know there are a ton more funnies I am forgetting. I'll add them later.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

First of all I must say that I am so jealous that you have Jaxon potty trained!! I don't know if that is going to happen any time soon in our house! It sounds like you guys are having a great summer, I'm glad that your transition from 1 little boy to 2 is going smoothly. It took us some getting use to.

Daniel and Whitney said...

I love how funny Jaxon is!! He just cracks me up!! Beckham already looks different from when I saw him last!!!

Nicole said...

He seems like he is getting so big. I know he is only 2 months older than mine but he seems older.

Bree said...

Jaxon is so funny. That age is seriously hilarious. Brandi's twins are making me laugh all the time. And for the #2 issue, that is pretty normal, so don't stress it. Kennedy was the same way, and once she started doing #2 on the potty, we just made a really big deal about it, and then she was good to go. Hoepfully I will see you on friday, so I can see little baby Beck.

Leigh said...

Oh Jamie, i love your stories of Jaxon! Makes me miss him even more! And Beckham is just beautiful! I miss my nephews, give them kisses for me. I hope everything is going good for you guys! Miss you all!

Erin said...

Seriously you have the cutest kids! It sounds like Jaxen is quite the little character :) It was fun seeing you today! We need to get together more often!!

Lisa said...

That post was so cute! I love the things they say. Some other shows that are banned from our house too are "Back at the Barnyard" and "Spongebob". Both of those shows say naughty words! Playdate was great. Jax and Dallin seemed to be getting along so well.