I'm ready to admit it -- I'm a big dork. I woke up this morning and drove Jax to my friend Nicole's mom's house to stay with her kids while we went to get wristbands for the Breaking Dawn book, the fourth in the Twilight series. I already had one reserved at Barnes and Noble in Layton, but apparently you can't buy it at midnight tomorrow night without a wristband. They had 2500 to give out, and I think Nicole and I were around 500 and we got there 10 minutes after they started giving them out. People camped out there since 10 PM in order to get the wristbands (that's a little over the top, even for me:)). It was pretty ridiculous. The line was wrapped around the front, side, and back of Barnes and Noble. We were in line for 1 hr 15 minutes just for them to hand us a wristband. They coded the wristbands with the character's names in order of importance, starting with Edward, Bella, Jacob, etc. We got Rosalie wristbands. I feel like an even bigger geek because I have a wristband on that reads "Rosalie" and I have to wear it until tomorrow night. Nicole and I decided we wish they were color coded instead. Then at least we could pretend we had wristbands for a cool concert, and not that we were dorks with wristbands for a book;). They will let people in starting at midnight in groups according to the name on your wrist, obviously Edward will go first and so forth. Before we get the books apparently there is a Breaking Dawn party going on that the wristbands give us access too. That should be VERY entertaining. Can't wait to see the peeps dressed up in costumes and jazz. I'll take pictures so that you don't have to miss the ENTERTAINMENT either. Some people take it so serious. I already feel like a dork for even getting the wristband and staying up tomorrow night to get the book. Ryan will have to take care of the kids all night by himself. Needless to say, he's not so excited. He hasn't had to wake up once with Beckham so far.
After we got our wristbands we went back to Nicole's mom's house and let the kids swim. They have one of those really cool big toys (below). Jax LOVED it. He also loved Nicole's mom Renee. He kept calling her Grandma. A little out of order, but Beckham hanging out at Nicole's mom's house while Jax and the other kids swam
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Yeah, We're Dorks
Posted by Jamie Hadlow at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
OH, I love it! My Jamie I miss you so much!! You are looking so good for just having a baby! Very proud of you, now if you could just rub off on me a little!! As always your boys are so cute. That toy looks so awesome for the kids. Love you guys.
Jamie! I love how excited you are over this book! I think Ryan should be able to handle one night if he hasn't had to get up at all!!! You deserve a night off.
And you look so good for just having Becks. I wish i could be there for his blessing this weekend, take lots of pics for the blog.
I sure miss you guys!!!
We are a bunch of dorks but I love it. I have a friend that is going tomorrow night and she will be wearing a wedding dress so no worries. I am stealing your pics by the way.
I cant wait I think I am going to the Borders party tonight with one of my friends! Good luck!
I am with ya--we (my mom and sisters) went and reserved our books, and we made t-shirts to wear for tonight! can't wait!!!
Wow... that Twilight stuff is pretty popular eh?? ;o) And you're not a dork... I think it's awesome that you love them so much. Wish I could get into reading like that. ;o)
But I did do some crazy things to get good `NSYNC tickets! And to get an A parking pass at Weber. ;o)
Post a Comment