Tonight I was more scared than I have ever been in my life!!! We went to Sears to get a chest freezer because my parents brought us over about a hundred pounds of meat. We were checking out and Jax ran away from us. I waited just a second thinking he'd come back, but when he didn't I went looking for him. He was NOWHERE to be found. Of course I started freaking out, and the sales clerk and Ryan started helping me look for him. I was yelling his name and running all over the top floor of the store like a madwoman, but he wasn't answering me. After a minute, they sent out a store wide announcement looking for him, and all of the sales personnel started helping us look for him. Still he was NOWHERE to be found. All of the customers around started searching for him also, and Sears posted managers at all the exits to make sure he couldn't leave by himself or with anyone. At this point, I really started freaking. I am definitely not someone to depend on in a crisis, we have learned. I started running around even more frantically screaming, all the while hyperventilating and I had tears running down my face. Finally, one of the customers found him hiding in a cubby behind a shelf. I have heard parents talk about these experiences, but this is my first. When we got to the exit, I grabbed him and hugged him as hard as I could, while sobbing of course. He didn't get what the big deal was. He said he could hear me yelling for him, but he was hiding. I get what they mean when they say you want to hug them and kill them at the same time. The whole ordeal only lasted a little over ten minutes, but I think I aged ten years in that time. I have to say, Sears was great about it. They have a great plan in place for lost children! Now I see why they are the "place America shops"!
***Congrats to my sis-in-law Leigh and bro-in-law Austin, who welcomed baby girl McKenna yesterday!!!***
***Beckham had his six month appointment today. He measures at 28 1/2 inches (100%), 17 lbs 4 oz (50%), and head cir. of 44 cm (55%). Apparently we have a really big boy! She even measured him twice, but Dr. Rose still thinks the nurse must have over-measured him and he is probably just over the 95%, but whatev. Either way he's perfect:). Right now he's a champ roller (he uses this as his mode of transportation anywhere he wants to go), and he is a tripod sitter (he uses his hands as support). He's turned into a huge Momma's boy, which works for me because Jax is such a Daddy's boy.
Friday, December 5, 2008
My HEART ATTACK!!!
Posted by Jamie Hadlow at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
oh, i'm so sorry! that is the scariest feeling in the world. a very similar experience happened to me when grace was two in the mervyns in layton. i thought i was going to die and i reacted the same way--at first hesitant to involve others and soon screaming at the top of my lungs, "grace! has anybody seen a 2 year old girl--she's blonde and has pony tails and is wearing a pink hoody. please! help me!!!" you don't even really know what is going through your mind--just panic. thank heavens that it wasn't a real nightmare like some people's turn out to be. i don't know how i'd survive. i'm glad he's home safe with you tonight!
So, that made me teary eyed! Im so glad you found him. What a sick feeling. Im so glad he was ok. That little stinker!
Holy crap...that is seriously the WORST feeling ever. Kennedy did that once and I was crying and freaking out in the middle of Wal-mart. I can definitely not be counted on in time of crisis either. It is the worst thing ever. Glad everythign was a-okay. Aren't they stinkers? I was also totally doing the crying/hugging thing after all was said and done. SO SCARY!!! Also, somehow, I missed Beckham in the bow..hilarious. Even though he is totally boy, he looks absolutely darling in the first pic. Now you will know what your girl will look like(instead of that freaky cyber girl you made). He he he!
So scary. Dallin did that over the summer at a campground in Bear Lake. I was running all over like a crazy person. I even walked right into the men's bathroom to see if he was in there. My whole family was searching. He was only gone for 5 minutes, but I have never been so scared. I am glad that you found him.
Oh Jamie how scary. I would be freaking out just like you did. I could not even imagine the feeling you felt. I am glad everything turned out to be okay.
That is so scary Jamie! I am glad everything was ok! I've had a similar experience and it's not fun at all!! those crazy little boys :)
That is awful! I am so glad he was alright! i hate stuff like that! It has happened to me with Brielle and Benson! We have found them in just a couple of munites but you are right, it seems like forever! Glad he is safe!
That is so scary I would be freaking out too. That sounds like something Mason would do:)
He is so cute so is your baby. I added you to my blog list too!
Carly
That is really scary! When that happened with Kambri I was seriously thinking Amber alert!
Beckham is getting so big I can't believe it! He is so sweet and smiley all the time:)
Oh my heck that is the worst feeling ever. I would have been freaking out too. You poor thing, those darn kids!
How freaking scary!!!! I dread the day Camdyn starts pulling crap like that.. With her little spunky attitude.. I'm positive it will happen :( Yikes..
Post a Comment