A horrible sickness, or as I like to refer to it: the black plague, has been visiting our house the last week, and so I haven't really felt up to posting. I have been on a Z-pack the last few days and I am finally feeling better.
Jaxon has been so sick for the last week also. He has a horrible cold 8 days strong so far. He had a fever of between 101 and 102 for 3 days, and now he just has horrible coughing spasms until he throws up (I know, gross). We're hoping he gets better soon. He's staying in good spirits though.
Anyway, to my Jaxon funnies.
1) Lately, Jaxon has taken to singing the tune to his favorite cartoon, Max and Ruby (HATE this show) in opera. He sings it at the top of his lungs, and not just when the show is on. He busts out in this tune at random times, but always in his opera voice. I am afraid this might just be his real singing voice, poor kid. He is my son, after all, so a horrible singing voice is to be expected.
2) Jaxon has decided he knows karate. He tells us to watch him a million times a day while he twirls around and karate chops the air and ends in random positions accompanied with karate grunts.
3) We were watching Birth Day on Discovery Health last week and he was watching the babies. Then he told me baby Beckham is in my belly. Then he started saying, "Mom, open it! I want to see!" I tried to explain to him Beckham wasn't ready yet and that I couldn't open my belly. This didn't make him too happy, and he kept telling me to "open it!" He has said this a few times this week while grabbing at my belly; guess he's pretty excited like the rest of us.
4) It was Jaxon's cousin Boston's first birthday yesterday. We were going shopping for him a present, and on the way I asked Jax what he wanted to get Boston. He told me that Boston wanted a pirate sword and some pop (random). Then when we got to the store he decided Boston wanted a Batman action figure. I tried to tell him "Bossy" (Boston) didn't want those, but he didn't agree. Finally we settled on a Xylophone (hope you love the noise, Katie and Tim. Paybacks for the drum!).
5) We didn't think that Jaxon would be interested in potty training for a long time. He went poo-poo on the potty a few months ago for some candy, but since then he wanted nothing to do with his potty. Yesterday he came in and he had taken his diaper off. He told me his dad didn't wear diapers so he didn't want to either, and that he didn't like Mickey Mouse (on his diapers) anymore. I kept putting diapers on him, and he kept taking them off. Finally I thought we'd just see what happened and leave it off. He tried to go pee-pee in his potty standing up like daddy, but I coaxed him into sitting down. I must have made a really big deal out of how cool it was, because when he was done he said "Mom, I want more pee-pee." I told him we'd have to wait. Then a few minutes later we went back in there and he tried again. He told me, "Mom, no work!" He kept trying for a minute with no results and then said, "Mom, help me! I want more potty!" I was laughing really hard at this point. He agreed to put his diaper on after this, and tried to get to the potty one more time that night, but he peed in his diaper while we were trying to get his jammies off. He's on his way, I think. I'm just keeping the pressure off and making it his choice. We did go buy "big boy pants" yesterday for when he's ready though.
I know there are more funnies I can't think of right now. I guess that's why it's so important to write them down right after they happen, look how fast I forget!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
More Jaxon Funnies
Posted by Jamie Hadlow at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Those are cute stories. I have actually started keeping a journal because I don't want to forget anything. He is quite the creative one. I can't wait to hear his opera voice!
We can't get the sickness out of our house either. As soon as one of us gets better another one gets sick. I do not care for Max and Ruby either. Good news though on the potty front. Tia is potty trained. Hooray!
Jamie...I love your child! He makes me laugh so much. I loved the potty story..."it wont work" He is so funny!!
I hope you guys are feeling better! I too do not like Max and Ruby (I think it is really cheesy!) And good luck with the potty training! If you guys are feeling better, drop me an email and we will plan another playdate so you guys can come!!
Lol... Jax always gives you such FUNNY stories to tell! What a personality eh? ;o)
And I hope you guys are back to your happy, healthy selves! I haven't heard from you in FOR-EV-ER! ;o)
So cute! That is funny he wanted you to open your belly...like a present or something! He will get to see baby brother soon enough!
He is such a cute little boy! Arent you so excited for 2 kids!! I hope you get feeling better soon, being sick is the pits.
What a funny little guy! I bet the karate chops and kicks are the best! That's great that he's warming up to the idea of potty training!
Yeah, I'm not a huge Max and Ruby fan, either. Ruby's bossy, Max is obnoxious, and their parents are negligent.
Post a Comment