Saturday, March 8, 2008

Jaxon...My Entertainment In Life

I decided I am going to post two of the funny things Jax has done this week. I always forget to write down the cute things he does thinking I'll remember, and of course I forget. Since my blog is basically my journal too, this is where I am going to post his funny stories when I remember.

Story 1: I took Jax to my trusty Riverdale Wal-Mart yesterday. Normally he's a pretty shy kid to adults he doesn't know, and not too talkative to other people at the grocery store. Well, the first isle we walk down he spots a kid around five and starts yelling out, "That's my cousin!" I told him it wasn't and he just started laughing so hard. Apparently he had decided this would be a fun game. Any kid he saw while we were in the grocery store he would point to and yell "That's my cousin!" Obviously the kids would look at him like he was crazy, and he would just laugh his head off. Next, he decided he was going to extend the game to any older men. When he saw an older man he would yell out, "Hey, that's my grandpa!" I would have to say, "No, that's not your grandpa" (for the other person's benefit because obviously Jax knew better). Jax would just laugh and laugh. All of the men he did that to thought that was pretty funny. This game went on for about half an hour.

Story 2: So my mom and sis came over yesterday for dinner. My mom watches Jax while I work on Mondays, and she told me a funny story of something he does at her house. She said he loves to go to sleep at her house. He'll tell her he's tired, and have her bring the pillows from her bed down to make a bed on the floor. They lay down, and he watches her until he thinks she's gone to sleep. Then he gets up really quietly and sneaks around her room and goes through all of her drawers. My mom says the whole time he keeps looking back to check on her so that he doesn't get caught.

How funny are these? Jaxon seriously is my entertainment in life.

11 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh my heck! I love this kid! That is so hilarious. How do they come up with these things. I can just picture him sneaking around and looking back to make sure no one is watching! So funny! Thanks for sharing these funny moments of him.

Brandi said...

Jaxon is hilarious! I love the Wal-Mart story. And, going through your mom's drawers? That's the best! I bet she loves watching him do that! He's a cutie!

Zack Family said...

Jamie,

That is so funny!! He is the funniest thing! I love your child!

The Steel's said...

What..that story about rummaging through her drawers is hilarious! I have honestly never heard of such a cunning little guy. Very curious, kids do the craziest things!

Kara said...

He is so dang cute. I love that he is getting to be so funny. They are so fun when they are cute like that.
ps like the new background!

Anonymous said...

Hi jamie I love your blog.Your little man is the cutest ever and his stories are hilarious. dinner was so much fun the other night. I am going to add you to my friends list!! laci

Nicole said...

Way to show your Easter spirit. If those are your only stories from the week, you are so lucky. My parents watched our kids while we were gone this weekend and everytime I would call to see how things were going I'd have to say I am so sorry! but we really appreciate it though.

Anonymous said...

HI Jam!
That story is so funny. How do they come up with these things? We had fun the other night but I felt bas I didnt really get to say bye. Cant wait to keep checking back... I'll put ya on my list.

Sharstin said...

that is so funny--Don't you love those crazy moments? kids are the best

Daniel and Whitney said...

Where did you find your cute background??

Lindsey Rose said...

This is so funny! He is too smart, and I loved that he got such a kick out of watching what other people thought when he would yeell out at Walmart. So funny!