Okay, so this isn't life or death, but it's decision making time. Since Ryan and I are about to join the two kid world, we decided we'd better get used to buying in bulk. Jaxon is nowhere near potty trained, which is going to mean twice the diapers. Plus, there are a million other cool things that bulk stores sell. I know lots of people save money on milk, fruit, etc. by buying in bulk. We eat enough cereal for a family of 8 so I'm guessing we will save money there as well. Anyway, we are getting serious about getting a membership. The only question now is: Costco or Sam's? I know that Costco has better clothing, and you can even buy coffins there (hope I won't be needing one of those:)). However, I have heard that diapers are cheaper at Sam's. What do you guys think? What do you like about your store of choice? What are some of the pro's and con's? I thought I'd get some input before we jumped in one way or the other.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
Hey I added you guys to our blog too! Congrats on the soon to be new addition! I think blogging is the best way to connect! We've actually found a lot of Ry's friends from high school. We should get together I'm sure the boys would have a fun time!
Missy
I would have to say that I am a fan of Costco--I just like it there better--and I have been a Sam's member in the past--it's just better produce and selection--ya know--plus they have great flowers--that is always important to a girl, right?
From the baby aspect I would have to say Costco is way better. The "Costco" brand stuff is way better than the "Memeber's Mark" at Sam's. Costco brand baby wipes are really great even though I buy huggies brand at Sam's, because I am not yet a member of Costco. I plan to be when my membership to Sam's runs out in June. I know all about Costco because I go there a lot with my mom, and she would agree too that Costco is better. Their food is better, but a tiny bit more than Sam's. But most of all Costco has a way better snack bar by a long shot. Kennedy will never allow me to leave either of these stores without getting some sort of snack, and really that's what it's all about right? Their Churros are delish! Hope that helps.
From what I've heard Costco is better. My friend always buys their produce. I know Sam's is closer to you but I think Costco might be the way to go and then we can use you to get in.
I don't have a Costco membership, but I've been there, and I think I like it better than Sam's. The main reason I don't go to Costco is because they're a lot farther away from me than Sam's. If I had both close by, I think I'd choose Costco. I can't wait to meet your new baby. Don't worry, buying diapers for 2 isn't too bad. My girls are a little younger than Jaxon, and we're not even thinking about starting potty training until it gets warmer. Good luck.
COSTCO!!! Love it so much more. Way more produce and more selection!!
Yeah I think I agree if I didn't have someone paying for our membership:) then we would probably go to Costco. I think their stuff is a little more expensive but its also a little nicer.
I like Costco way better. We don't have a Costco out here in TN so we are stuck with Sams, but I would switch over in a heartbeat.
I think that I usually end up getting better deals at Sam's, but I love all the selection at Costco! They always have lots and lots of stuff besides food! We can never decide what is better so we have both!
Post a Comment