Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ever have one of those weeks?


Wow! What a week we have had at the Hadlow house. I put this picture in because Jaxon looks so innocent. True, he was a hard newborn, but I still look back at earlier times (like when he was more around six months) and think, how easy it used to be! He couldn't get in to things, and didn't mean to hit and kick. Times have definitely changed.
Okay, so here goes my rant - Jax was a hard one-year-old, but the first six months of his second year he was awesome! I thought he had gotten through his "terrible twos" earlier than most. Naive little me! He was just saving up! This week he has really been trying both Ryan's and my patience. He has been a hitter, biter, kicker, clawer, and screamer. Anything he wasn't supposed to be in he was. He's clogged our toilet with a whole roll of toilet paper, and all kinds of other stuff. He has told me he doesn't like me, to go away (about a BILLION times), and to "Get out my room!" Well, well, well. I feel like I have a teenager on my hands. These are all fairly new developments in his vocabulary. I've never heard him say he doesn't like anyone before! It's starting to make me feel like a bad mom. I am hoping this is a very, very short phase. Normally, I hear "I wove you mom." I am telling myself that he will return to my loving little boy any time now, like by next week! This may be wishful thinking, but that has been the thought that has been getting me through the last few days.
So, hopefully I'm not alone in this. I know I've heard stories from friends about their little ones testing limits and asserting their independence. Hey, it doesn't last forever, right?

12 comments:

Kara said...

So you know I feel your pain. One day they will be sweet again!!! Ha ha, yeah right when you think they are so sweet then they tell you "don't talk to me momma" Good thing they are so cute and we couldn't live without them.

Daniel and Whitney said...

I'm sorry Jay!! If you ever need a break you know you can call me! I love that child. I forgot how little he used to be I love that picture with Ryan.

Brandi said...

Aw, I'm sorry. I hate weeks like that. It's amazing how they can be so sweet one minute, then pull a Jekyl and Hyde on you and turn into little monsters. My girls are barely 2, and Hannah is already saying "Go away!" sometimes. I guess I'm in for it - times 2. (Yikes!) Hang in there, and just cherish those sweet moments like when Jaxon tells you he loves you.

Toni said...

Toddler's are hard, let's just be glad they aren't teenagers yet, right? Anyway Jamie, glad to be a blogger buddy!!!!

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry Jamie!! I really do feel your pain! I have had my ups and downs with JB, and these past two weeks we have definately been on the down! I gave him time out in his room a few days ago and he started tearing things off his dresser and throwing them on the floor, like his lamp! total stinker!

Ashley ;o) said...

Oh Jamie... don't EVER feel like you are a bad mom! Every time I have been with you and Jax... you are so patient with him and have been nothing but a SUPER mom. And you are so cute together... just best buds. I remember when we went to lunch just the other day and he was sitting in his chair kissing your hand over and over. That was so adorable! ;) And we both know I have NO idea how hard being a parent can be... but I do know it will get better girl. Just know that you're not alone and look to the good times to help you get through the tough ones. Call me anytime if you need to talk... serious! ;)

Ashley ;o) said...

Oh... and thanks for the comments you left for me... very sweet! ;)

Natalie said...

Thanks for the honest post! Sometimes you only hear the great things about motherhood! I need to appreciate that Grace can't really move or talk yet to get into trouble! Darling picture!

Sharstin said...

what a cute picts--little boys are busy--that is for sure =)

Nicole said...

If you need to feel better you know you can always come over to my house and in 15 minutes you'll fell alot better. We went to put Kennedy to sleep tonight and when we walked in Tia was buck nacked yet again. I don't know what we are going to do with that girl. Oh and I finally posted again.

Neff III family said...

Beckam is the coolest name. I probably spelled it wrong. Come see us danget

Anonymous said...

OH Jamie I really hate to say it, but it doesnt change. From talking to Kara it sounds like your Jaxon and my Krew are alot alike. The little stages change, and there are always different challenges but the personality stays the same. For which I can say is hard at times, but has also been so beneficial in others. Just be gratful for the personality traits that will help him make decisons and things in the future. Hang in there!