Isn't it funny how kids pick up their parent's habits? Ryan is the hardest sleeper I have ever met. I am the same way. Once I'm asleep, I'm checked out. Jaxon still wakes up about once a night, and he has to come into our room wake us up. Lately, Jax is becoming more and more like Mom and Dad. On Tuesday I worked and Jax went to his Grandma Hadlow's. He fell asleep on the way home, and I put him in his bed to sleep a little longer. At about 6 I realized if he didn't wake up he wouldn't go to sleep that night. I sat and poked and prodded him, but he refused to wake up. He just covered his eyes. He looked so cute I went and got my camera, thinking that a flash to his face (I know, mean Mom) would wake him up for sure. No such luck. Next I decided I would turn on a movie in his room really loud to wake him up. He yelled for me to turn it off, but I didn't. So he got up and turned the TV off and went back to sleep. Finally he woke up when I told him if he did he could go to his Grandma Kelly's house.
He has a way of teaching me sympathy. This morning he woke up at 6:40 and came in my room and said, "Mom, I'm up! Get up!" I tried to turn away, thinking that if I ignored him, he would go back to his room to play. He got on my bed and started yelling in my ear, "I'm up, get up!" Maybe I'll be a little nicer next time he tries to sleep too long!:)





6 comments:
Oh my gosh I seriously love your kid. He is so freaking smart. I just love some of the things this kid does. He's great!!
That's so funny. Kennedy is totally the same way. She has the hardest time waking up from a nap especially when it is late in the day. The only time she does take a nap though is when she falls asleep in the car. So when she does nap I totally take advantage. Like right now for example, both my kids are asleep after a long hard day of playing at Grandma Marilyn's house. So I am loving my peace and quiet. It's a lot less frequent with 2 kids, so enjoy all the quiet time that you have to yourself now!!:)
That is funny, I love that he turned his movie off and went back to sleep. You know I wish Kambri would take a nap it would be nice.
Hi Jamie, I googled you guys because Kerry is supposed to go to lunch with Ryan and couldn't find his number. I found your blog and thought I'd leave you a comment. I hardly see you anymore because I'm in Young Womens, so it was fun to read about what you're up to! I'm glad to hear my kids aren't the only naughty ones!! Heather Doutre
I love that story!! He is so funny! Hey Jamie, what is your friends name that does pictures as well? I think we might do 1 yr pics. Loves, Kate
That'll teach you to wake him up again. (lol) He's not only teaching you sympathy, he's teaching you revenge. What a funny kiddo!
Post a Comment