Since I just posted the sad news of my family's dog Mickey dying, I thought I'd post a happier story about my own little dog who I love so much: Maddie. We have had her for four years now, and she is so much fun. She is such a good dog - she doesn't even bark when people come to the door. She potty trained herself (I swear!) as a puppy, and has been a great dog ever since.
Maddie is such a good dog, but she is really quirky. She hardly makes any noise, and when she does it's normally because she's stuck somewhere. You see, Maddie is deathly afraid of tile. This is a problem in our house because only the bedrooms and the front room are carpet - the rest of the house is tile. No two carpeted places are connected, so you have to go on tile to get from one room to the other. The amount of time it takes her to move from room to room depends on how brave she's feeling. She sits in a room and whines and prances at the doorway and then darts as fast as she can across the tile, normally sliding the last few feet. It's pretty funny to watch, but it can be annoying too. Sometimes Maddie gets herself too psyched out and can't make it on her own. She has been known to whine in a doorway for up to 15 minutes before either we come and get her or she gives up and goes to sleep in whatever room she's stuck in. It's so funny.
Isn't she adorable though? For some reason she has decided I'm her person, which I absolutely love. Every living thing is in love with Ryan, which includes the dog I had before we got married. This is the first dog that has ever liked me best, so naturally she's my fav.
I have to end this post with the question: how cool is Jaxon's outfit?! I swear, this is what he looks like most of the time in our house. Never any pants, and snowboots are a must. Since he can change his shoes himself, there's not much we can do but laugh and take pictures. Yeah, and how cool is the tank top jersey and no undershirt in the middle of winter:o)?! He actually went to my parent's house in this because we couldn't talk him into anything else!





10 comments:
I can't believe that your dog is afraid of tile. That's hilarious! It looks like she must be pretty good with Jaxon, too. By the way, Jaxon is totally rockin' in his outfit! You gotta love 2 year-olds! My girls have a shoe thing, too. They love to go get out every shoe they own, and wear any of them. Most of the time the shoes are mismatched and on the wrong feet. Sorry to hear about your family dog. :(
Sorry you lost the family dog. That is soo sad! Remember Manard?! Man I loved that dog..he was always roaming the streets. Anyway, I think your dog is adorable and I love that the tile gives her the creeps..hilarious! Maybe she's araid of sliding or something. And Jaxon isn't afraid to sport his snow boots. Kenendy still dresses up on a daily basis, it's just a little bit more put together than when she was 2. Just know it doesn't end here. London is just learning how to take off her clothes this is also a joy!
Maddie is so cute, Bradon's mom's dog does the same thing. But it also on wood floors too. We should get our dogs together so we can have schnauries:)
I always thought Maddie was a crazy dog but she could see ghosts so that's pretty cool. I can't believe your dog does that. It would drive me crazy. I hope you got your phone. It wasn't there when we got home so I assumed you did.
That is to funny about your dog! I love the picture of Jaxon in his boots and jersey. If you were to show up at my house any given day...Cooper would look the exact same! Too Cute!!
I love Jaxon's outfit--go Jazz! sorry to hear about the fam dog!
Way cute! Jaxon looks darling. I love it when they show their personalities.
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. That stinks. I love love that picture of Jaxon though. Too cute! I love that it is snow boots too, what can be better when you have no pants to cover them up! Hope all is going well and that you are feeling good.
I'm so sorry about your dog Jamie. I'm so attached to Duke after one year... I can't even imagine how I would feel after that long. But look how stinkin cute Maddie is!! ;o) I remember you telling me about how she was scared of the tile... but I didn't know it was that bad! That pic of her standing in the doorway is so funny! Poor thing. And Jax is just a stud... I like his style! ;o) Miss ya girlie!
Jamie, this is Lexis. I just checked my blog and saw that you had posted. Sorry I am not a very faithful blogger, but I am working on it. I am sorry to hear about your dog. That is so hard. I love your blog and your family is darling. I love the picture of Jaxon, and we really need to get out boys together. So let's plan another lunch so Brogan and Jaxon can play rough and Piper and Cambri can play nice. Oh, boys are funny, huh? Well I will talk to you soon.
Post a Comment